Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Tis so sweet...

As I sit here in solitude; silence, but not really. The fireplace crackles at my back, the power is out so I figure I will take a second and reflect.


on what?


idk yet. Haven’t made up my mind. I guess we can start with the obvious and see where it gets us. There is a severe flood warning from now [Wednesday] until Friday. I like to think of it as a monsoon outside! [thats one of my favorite words.] The wind is ridiculous; leaves are polluting the yards and the rain refuses to cease. My brother is sitting here listening to my ipod, Padre in his “studio” moving drums around, and I, on my macbook [smiley face] itunes on shuffle, of course, currently listening to Mariah Carey, Candy Bling. The more I grow and learn the more aware I become of the fact that Music is indeed a religion, healer, friend; to name a few. I mean, every song has a distinct and succinct sound vicariously carried out through the instrumentation with the help of a singer in order to effectively communicate with me. [i’ll make this personal.] Only the songs that touch my spirit, one way or another, are even allowed into the sanctuary of my itunes library. Each song downloaded at a specific time in the midst of a specific situation in order to give me the encouragement, reinforcement, humility; or whatever it may be, to go on with life. [It gets extremely hard you know] The presence of God is felt [or “the magic happens”] when praise and worship begins. After over 200 songs have “filled the sanctuary” which is almost always on shuffle, the very one my spirit yearns to be heard is played; as if my ipod knows me. A song that I rarely hear, a song that I even forgot was downloaded, or my favorite song at the moment. It gives me life, makes me cry, think, or write. I am truly inspired by the music and can get through any situation. The “pastor” is not genre [analogous to race] specific. He or She may be gospel, rock, rap, neo-soul or r and b. Pastor is rarely long winded but each moment of our time together is precious and affective. The positivity resounds in my spirit and by alter call I am complete; equipped and prepared for the upcoming week and can’t wait to get back. Fortunately enough, I have God, know him personally, and have him to get me through everyday of the week. [listen to ipod everyday.] To be honest it is our personal relationship that completely outcasts and overshadows anything or anyone else.


P E A C E .

2 comments:

  1. Keep posting! this was fun! I love the style and the colors u use. I definitely will be following.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much! your support means the world to me!

    ReplyDelete