Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Slightly Embellished Dream... HelloGoodmorning

I dreamed of you last night, our lips never kissed.
My spirit yearned for your presence,

[wait]

I was gonna write a poem but I change my mind. Here's the thing, last night I really did have a dream, but about someone I've been crushing on for over a year! [this isn't that crazy, right?] the worst part of it is that its not even a good crush [the person you happen to be friends with but you're secretly in love with] We don't even know each other [Alicia Keys you dont know my name] Well, he knows my name; i mean everyone does. [i kidd] Seriously though, this has to be the most depressing thing in the world. We all sit around [jackson 5 who's lovin you] and build these elaborate dreams and fairy tales about people we are completely infatuated with. Then again, Love is a Losing Game [Amy Winehouse]

I feel like this blog was pointless so I'm gonna go ahead a finish the poem [clears throat]

I dreamed of you, last night;our lips never kissed.
My spirit yearns for your presence,
something I unequivocally lack.
such presence intimidates me;
I dream the touch of your hand will disarm all my insecurities,
gazing into your soft brown eyes proves my dream right, turning fiction to fact.
the sound of your voice restores oxygen to my lungs. I can breathe.
easy.
the warmth of your voice,
the laughter in your eye,
the echo of your smile,
enhance my confidence.
I dreamed of you, last night; i part my lips to speak; i wake up.

P E A C E


1 comment: