Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thank You... Later?

[THIS BLOG WAS WRITTEN 2 DAYS AGO]

Well, thanks to @skinnyjeanius [follow him!] I will begin fasting tomorrow, no food or drink from sun up to sun down in observation or agreeance of Ramadan.

[What was I thinking?]

I've often admired the discipline of muslims. one of my best friends in high school is muslim and I was so very impressed with his will, strength, and drive to not only pray in an off throughout the entire day, but to participate in the various fasts without waiver. I've done quite a bit of research on the topic [wikipedia mainly] and new knowledge only impressed me that much more. I will clearly incorporate my very own Christian ideals/values but [no, im not muslim] but ultimately it is the same purpose and principle.

without further adieu, here's to developing discipline, peace, sacrifice, humility, stamina, encouragement, religion, insight, etc in thirty days.

wish me luck!

P E A C E .

1 comment: