Monday, June 7, 2010

We're Living Our Dreams.... kind of sort of... right?

I feel today's society lacks a drive, will, determination, for [A U T H E N T I C I T Y] We find this in many modern day entertainers whose careers are beginning to peak and blossom dramatically. Just check the credits: When I first heard of Justin Bieber he was on some rock/emo radio station with a guitar singing serious ballads about an absent father. Now, he is on the tip of everyones tongue with catch phrase pop songs and collabs with any and every "urban" artist, [for lack of better words] signing with Usher. Come to think of it, he most vividly reminds me of a younger male version of PINK , hopefully [not unlike the incredibly talented] he finds himself. It is truly unfortunate the places desperation to, "LIVE OUR DREAMS" can take us. Such "artists" make me more appreciate the true gems in a disparaging industry who hold on to their dream, at all costs, without compromise. [Tweet, Brandy, Monica] They are not and never have been over crazed, oversexed celebrities [Trey Songz, Beyonce] Contrarily, they know their G I F T S , the POWER of such, and are unmoved by an industry diluted with gimmicks, sex, and sell outs.
All in all, I just want to remind each of you [as well as myself] to not only hold steadfast to your dreams, but continue to explore and exhaust your PURPOSE, PR[the more important of the two] PROVERBS 18:16 A MAN'S GIFT MAKETH ROOM FOR HIM, AND BRINGS HIM BEFORE GREAT MEN!
being ourselves and doing our part is ENOUGH, no need to worry about when? where? what? why? or how? Simply knowing our GIFT and PURPOSE is indeed ENOUGH . Be patient and let your dreams manifest themselves exactly as they are meant to. Not prematurely, amended, or tainted; but the way they were given, PURE , AUTHENTIC, and TRUE to your unique purpose.

P E A C E .

5 comments:

  1. So loved this Keith! I mean LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have steadily evaulated my purpose and was moved by the words on your page. It is vital to bring your purpose to the surface in all that we do. I am ever thankful for knowing such a kindred spirit as yours. Continue to strive for greatness!!! I love you..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading this. I'm not a fan of this little bieber craze going on, something about him and his music just doesn't appeal to me.

    On another note, I agree with you on your point about the artists (tweet, brandy & monica)..they've been grinding nonstop.. staying true to their fans. I've always loved Monica & her music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. truth.
    these days, with music, it's not about the art, but how the artist can line their pockets. its truly a shame. hopefully, musicians will get back to making music, and not controversy. some already are, we just need for the rest to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read this blog several times already, and everytime I smile. I'm glad that your back to blogging. More importantly, I'm glad you touched on this topic.

    Music, and a lot of other things in the world, are lacking authenticity and passion. This is what I try to tell people everyday. With everything we do, we must stay true to our purpose. Whether it be music or art or whatever, we have to find out what we NEED to use our talents for and stay true to that.

    I still love your writing, and I hope you continue to keep this blog updated! :)

    ReplyDelete