Saturday, December 17, 2011

12.17

"Never assume that anyone is smarter than you.."

I read this quote in an article and was completely struck by its significance. In any endeavor, there will be an opposing force and those who firmly believe that your goal is unattainable, and for a variety of reason. To think, sometimes the opinions of others can be the determinant factor in what you do... fuck that. [excuse my language] but don't let anyone else's presumed "intelligence," how much they know about a given subject; business, or no matter how great their disdain for you may be, determine your existence. I won't.

In other news; Im convinced, Im a writer. As a result, I told myself that I will write something every day. Im going to put myself on a schedule.

see you soon,

1 comment:

  1. I really love this post here. I have been living this for a long time. Thank god! I can not let others ruin my one chance at life..idont even know how long it be so ive got to make sure i make the best of it. I wanna challenge myself to finish this novel I'd started last year. I want to rewrite the whole thing an finish it in 8 mos-a year.

    I am truly fascinated by those writers who are under contract and can churn out book after book so fast! It's like you couldn't have writer's block no matter what.

    ReplyDelete