Thursday, December 22, 2011

12.22

"I can't dishonor my vision or it will begin to dishonor me..." -Lady Gaga

For the longest time I have been debating whether I accept or believe the antics of Lady Gaga as authentic or genuine. Not unlike many others, I was taken aback by her [need] to be overwhelmingly different; loud or excessive. Simply put, I assumed she was a gimmick; seeking attention, success, and fame. But then I decided to examine who she was and read and watched interviews with her. She was [is] completely invested in her career, her craft, and takes it as seriously as she should. Gaga has studied the greats, transcended audiences, and even became a political activist, seeking equality for all. That reason alone deserves praise and unequivocally make her real, [despite her unique attributes] Moreover, I find this quote to be an intriguing truth. I believe, [whole heartedly] that you absolutely must show yourself faithful to the gift [vision] that has been entrusted in you. Failure to do so, results in; failure. Your gift may be removed from you. That being said, disregard the naysayers, conformists, and experienced. Be true to you; against all odds, and in spite of...

No comments:

Post a Comment